Video Submission Process
- Each PNWER institution has the opportunity to submit one three minute video entry and one runner up.
- A complete entry consists of a three minute video and a contact information form that includes the video title and a valid video VIMEO URL.
- Complete entries will be submitted through Vimeo on our contest page by Friday March 1st, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. Incomplete entries or those that are submitted after this time will be disqualified from this competition.
- Entry is open to PNWER institutions with the expectation that individuals or teams comprised of up to three students are registered and attending a PNWER institution during the period of the contest (January to June 2013).
- Competition is open to any student: graduate, undergraduate or part-time.
- Business ideas are not limited to any one sector.
- Videos must not exceed 180 seconds (3 minutes) in length. Any video that does not meet these requirements will be disqualified from this contest.
- The video must not infringe on any third party rights or contain any names, logos, or seals of any government agency, company, or organization.
- The subject of the video must be the original work of the contestant(s).
- Contestants whose submissions are deemed to represent the intellectual property of others will be immediately disqualified.
- Submissions must be in video format submitted according to the requirements on this site. No written submissions will be accepted.
- Videos previously produced for compensation and/or copyrighted materials are not eligible and will be disqualified.
- By submitting a video (or other electronic media) to this competition, you grant Royal Roads University and/or PNWER the right to copy, circulate, distribute and display it for the purposes of evaluation and adjudication.
- Videos must be in English.
- Entrants must agree to the above terms and conditions.
- The deadline for entries is Friday March 1st, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time.
- All submissions will be evaluated by virtual teams of PNW regional business leaders and university professors on the criteria below.
- Four submissions will be selected to attend the Entrepreneurial Bootcamp.
- The Eric C. Douglass Centre at Royal Roads University will notify the top four teams by April 1st, 2013.
Contest judges will consider the following questions when evaluating the videos:
- How well does the video showcase the product/service proposed?
- How well has the target market been identified?
- What problem does it solve for the target market?
- How well are channels of distribution that will be used identified?
- Is the status of this pursuit identified? (dream, prototype, patents, sales, etc.)
- How reasonable is the estimate regarding capital required for business launch.
- How welll does the idea benefit the PNW region?
- Is there mention of which PNW headquartered firms the contestant(s) would like to meet?
- Have the contestants provided appropriate information on themselves (eg. employment background, educational credentials, expertise)?
- Four top videos will be selected and contestant(s) will be invited to attend the Entrepreneurial Boot Camp (from Wednesday evening to Friday) as well as the Canadian Council for Small Business & Entrepreneurship Conference(CCSBE) at the Hotel Grand Pacific in Victoria.
- All awards are non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent thereof will be permitted.